Welcome!

Welcome to my new site where I will be baking away and sharing my recipes and experiences with you all! I am very excited to get started and have been baking and making yummy desserts all day. I hope you all enjoy this blog as much as I will and do. Happy baking!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 1: Paula Deen's Banana Pudding Pie and Cake Balls

So today I was feeling quite inspired and hyper and when this happens I start-a-bakin'! I bought a holiday baking magazine during the holidays last year and kept telling myself I would bake every recipe in it and have yet to do so. I found the magazine while moving into a new place and thought what a great way to end the summer...starting a blog and sharing all of my goodies with you all! 
I made Paula Deen's yummy Banana Pudding Pie and also "cake balls" that are a new popular and easy way to make eating cake a little more...attractive?...for lack of a better word.
Here are the two fun and simple recipes: 

Banana Pudding Pie


Graham Cracker Crust  



Vanilla instant pudding mix, heavy whipping cream, confectioners sugar and sour cream filling

Thinly sliced bananas


Pie topped with the banana slices


Cool whip topping

oohh ahh...pretty...but forgot something...




...Nilla Wafer Garnish! Yummm...

I'll post pictures of the finished cake balls tomorrow and recipes!!...stay tuned! :)


2 comments:

  1. My goodies...my goodies....my goodies...not my goodies! haha Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a journalist my beautiful daughter.....:)

    ReplyDelete